It’s worth trawling the patch notes that were discussed on Reddit, with all the changes you need to know about in this article.
Apex Legends Balance Patch – Legend balance updates
Apex Legends balance patch – Minor balance changes:
- Traps – Reduced cooldown to 25 seconds from 30 seconds
- Traps – Increased radius and proximity radius by about 10%
- Traps – Removed a 1 second delay on the smoke dealing damage to players
- Insider Knowledge – Increased the number of beacons in the world to 12 from 10
- Care Package – Removed slight chance that level 4 armour and helmets will drop
- Into The Void – Cool down increased from 20 -> 25 seconds
- Double Time – Reduced move speed bonus to 30% from 40%
Apex Legends balance patch – Major balance changes
- Hit box size reductions and optimisations for Caustic, Pathfinder and Gibraltar ”We’re better sizing hitboxes to character gear & model” – Respawn. ”Since these adjustments have a MAJOR impact on the game, we want to make sure there aren’t any major bugs, so we didn’t want to rush them out” ”If these adjustments prove to be insufficient, we’ll consider additional adjustments during Season 1”
Apex Legends balance patch – Weapon balance changes (Live now)
- Rate of fire reduced from 3.1 -> 2.6 shots per second.
- Skullpiercer Headshot damage multiplier reduced from 2.5 -> 2.25
- Increased base hip fire spread and decreased the rate at which hip fire spread decays (shrinks back down).
- Shotgun Bolt rechamber rate has been reduced for the Peacekeeper only.
- Level 1 mitigation 10% -> 7.5%
- Level 2 mitigation 20% -> 13%
- Level 3 mitigation 25% -> 16%
- Wingman and Peacekeeper availability has been reduced in all zone tiers.
- Increased availability of energy weapons & ammo in all zone tiers.
Why no P2020 or Mozambique buffs?
Raspawn responded to say ”We love y’all’s ‘Bique memes, so we’re hesitant to lose that :P”
”In all seriousness, our goal is to have a power curve of weapons. “Power curve” just means that some weapons will be weaker and more common, while others will be stronger and rarer. Some weapons are intentionally less powerful until fully purp’d with hopups and attachments, while other weapons on the bottom of the power curve are your early game, better-than-melee, but-gotta-upgrade-out-of-ASAP weapons. We’ve seen some good feedback from players about how to make these pistols more exciting without losing out on the goal above that we’re listening to. We’ll be continuing to watch player data and feedback and trying things out internally but for now, they’ll remain the same.”
That about wraps up the Apex Legends balance patch for now, why not have a read of our Apex legends wiki guide for some awesome tips and tactics?