Before we get into the nitty gritty of the Fortnite Infinity War gamemode, in a nutshell, if you’re a Fortnite player than you just need to know one thing – Thanos has landed.
Here’s what’s happening during the Fortnite Infinity War gamemode
The likelihood is if you’re already a Fortnite player than you will already know about the exciting news that everyone’s been talking about at the beginning of this week. For everyone else listen up.
From today for a limited time Epic Games have created an Avengers/Fortnite Infinity War gamemode, specifically its called the ‘Infinity Gauntlet Limited Time Mashup’ (phew that was a mouthful!).
Haven’t got your hands on the gauntlet yet? here’s how
Epic games provided the following steps direct from their patch notes to give players a helping hand:
”Take down Thanos, equip the Gauntlet and claim Victory!”
Fortnite Infinity War gamemode details
- ”Early in the match, a meteor will land in the storm safe zone, delivering the Infinity Gauntlet.
- Any player who uses the Infinity Gauntlet will transform into Thanos.
- Stats are recorded for this LTM and can be found in the Solo tab.
- If Thanos is eliminated, the Gauntlet will fall to the ground, free for the taking. If it sits unused for too long, it will disappear until another meteor appears.
- Last player standing will be the victor!”
What’s so special about playing as Thanos?
I’m glad you asked, Epic Games have done the hard work by explaining just that, here’s a list of Thanos’ abilities:
- ”Ability 1 – A mighty punch that knocks enemies back and destroys structures.
- Ability 2 – Thanos flies towards the ground, hitting an area for knockback and damage.
- Ability 3 – Harness the energy of the Power stone to fire a blast that deals damage over time.
- Ability 4 – A super-jump that can vault Thanos over all but the largest obstructions.
- Thanos has both shields and health. When he eliminates another player, his shields regenerate. His health never regenerates.
- Thanos doesn’t take fall damage.
- Thanos does not build, use weapons or things like launch pads. He has no need for such petty human devices.”
I’m assuming there’ll be loot to take Thanos down?
There sure will! Fortnite players will be given a half-decent chance of taking Thanos away from the Infinity Gauntlet with the following on loot has been released to give you a little more incentive to hunt this Titan down:
- ”Only Rare, Epic & Legendary weapons will be spawned.
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%.
- Floor Loot spawns nearly 100% of the time.
- Launchpad spawn likelihood greatly increased.
- Harvesting resources doubled.
- Resources found in loot increased from 30 to 60.
- Chug Jug, Port-A-Fort, Boogie Bomb, Slurp Juice, Bush, and Remote Explosives drop rate increased.
- Regular Grenade, Shield & Bandage drop rate lowered.”
Hopefully you’ll be jumping online to have a stab at stealing the Infinity Gauntlet in this limited time mashup, Epic Games have stressed that this is a ‘limited’ game mode and as they announced it just a day prior to release it’s something you won’t want to miss.